Material Solutions Advancing Life
We combine materials, technology, and expertise, to create solutions
for society’s changing needs. Together, we are creating a better today
and a brighter tomorrow.
With a keen eye on the evolution of markets and megatrends, we
continue to explore possibilities that deliver new opportunities and
increased value for our customers.
Sustainable & Responsible
We recognize the responsibility and privilege we have been given
in the land and resources in our care. Environmental stewardship
and social responsibility serve as cornerstones in our business practices.
Our focus on excellence fuels our implementation of lean production
processes and drives our commercial focus keeping our customers at
Safety & Health
The safety and well-being of our employees is our number one priority.
Through our Going for Zero program, we continue to work together as one
team to build a culture which reinforces safe behavior in everything we do.
Unimin Corporation Financial Code of Ethics
(Adopted as of March 31, 2018)
This Financial Code of Ethics (this “Financial Code”) of Unimin Corporation (the “Company”) contains the ethical principles by which the Company’s Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer (or other principal financial officer), Chief Accounting Officer and Controller (or persons performing similar functions) (collectively, the “Senior Officers”) are expected to conduct themselves when carrying out their duties and responsibilities. Senior Officers must also comply with the Company’s other ethics policies, including any amendments or supplements thereto, including the Company’s Corporate Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (collectively, the “Ethics Policies”).
I. Ethical Principles
In carrying out his or her duties to and responsibilities for the Company, each Senior Officer should:
- Act ethically with honesty and integrity, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships;
- Provide full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in reports and documents that the Company files with, or submits to, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and in other public communications made by the Company;
- Comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations of national, state, provincial and local governments and private and public regulatory agencies (including the New York Stock Exchange) having jurisdiction over the Company;
- Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing his or her independent judgment on behalf of the Company to be subordinated to other interests;
- Promote honest and ethical behavior by others in the work environment;
- Respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of his or her work except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose such information. Such confidential information must not be used for the personal advantage of any Senior Officer or parties related to the Senior Officer;
- Responsibly use and maintain all assets and resources employed or entrusted to the Senior Officer;
- Promptly report violations of this Financial Code to the Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors (the “Audit Committee”); and
- Accept accountability for adherence to this Financial Code.